The overarching aim of Flagship status is that an individual school which has achieved this status can now further its work in Inclusion through internal research activities.
A school will develop an outline for a classroom/school based research project which will help build on the already excellent inclusive practice going on in school. This will require a project outline which will replace the targets set at Centre of Excellence stage. This outline will be further split down into key steps with individuals or groups identified with responsibility for these and a timeline for the successful completion of each step. Whilst it is acceptable for a project to run across a number of academic years there will be an expectation for a detailed review annually with the next steps clearly identified as carrying on from the progress achieved to date.
“Has your school got the capacity to play a strong leadership role in developing inclusion best practice across a network of schools; be committed to extending those networks and publish classroom-based research annually?”
- A school that has held Centre of Excellence for at least three years prior to attaining Flagship status for the first time.
- Agrees to produce an annual written update of progress against the identified project outline as the basis for the annual review.
- Be willing to be an active member of an IQM cluster group of COE and Flagship Schools.
- Attendance at IQM Cluster meetings is a prerequisite to maintaining Flagship Status.
- Willing to engage in classroom level research activity that explores inclusive practice.
- Has, or is able to develop, the capacity to share and disseminate good inclusion practice across a broader cluster of schools.
- Share practice/staff/visits/training.
- Committed to sustaining the IQM ethos through collaborative activities.
- Be willing and able to support other schools to become IQM schools or Centres of Excellence.
- Prepared to contribute to the overall development aims of IQM, supporting the need for expertise or trialling practice.
Flagship Annual Costs
1 – 400 Students
Years 1, 2 & 3
401 – 2,000 Students
Years 1, 2 & 3
All prices are subject to change.
Review costs do not include expenses and VAT.
Year 3 review incorporates IQM re-accreditation.